We advise local and international clients on optimizing their business within all legal aspects of HR, labour & employment.
Hungary continues to attract foreign investment and establishment, particularly due to its well-trained and competitive labour force. Overall, employment rules are quite flexible in Hungary in terms of enabling employers to plan their corporate and financial restructuring moves or expansion in Hungary. We have extensive experience in all fields of employment law.
Thanks to our dedication to this practice area, our employment team is recognized and top-ranked in all independent legal directories, as well as praised by peers and trusted by clients.
Comprehensive expertise on work-force matters
Our team delivers focused and user-friendly legal advice based on up-to-date labour law expertise. We recognise the importance and sensitivity of labour force management and understand the complex issues both in local and cross-border employment matters. Our dedicated lawyers deliver feasible and smart business solutions that are mapped out for your business.
Our employment law services include:
- advising employers in connection with M&A transactions and corporate restructuring, including the legal succession of employment;
- representing clients in employment litigation and general labour disputes
- ensuring that employers hire & fire employees in line with anti-discrimination laws;
- preparing executive and general labour agreements;
- drafting and revising collective bargaining agreements, organizational and operational rules and other rules governing labour relations (such as codes of ethics);
- assisting with the preparation and implementation of employee share option schemes or other employee incentive programs;
- issuing legal opinions on other labour issues (such as sick-leave, wages, working hours, confidentiality obligations and non-competition);
- preparing the termination of employment agreements and representing clients in legal disputes arising from the employment relationship;
- representing employers in connection with labour force reduction programs (mass redundancy measures);
- advising employers on regulatory issues, including compliance with the GDPR (eg controlling data at all stages of employment, running electronic monitoring systems, checking the e-mail and internet usage of employees, advising on fraud-detection systems, etc.).
- Continued flexibility for employers as third wave hits Hungary – will this be the ‘new normal’? 01-03-2021
- Management of Occupational Safety and Data Protection Risks Arising During Work From Home – Part 1 28-09-2020
- New job-creating wage subsidy helps companies rebuild in the midst of the pandemic-caused economic crisis 12-06-2020
- Quick guide on how to restart office work in light of the threat of the coronavirus 11-05-2020
- Employment related measures by the Hungarian Government during the Pandemic 29-04-2020
- Summary of the introduction of the 24-month working time frame for employers in Hungary during the COVID-19 period 22-04-2020
- Summary of governmental R+D employee subsidy in connection with COVID-19 in Hungary 22-04-2020
The employment team of Szecskay Attorneys at Law is top ranked by all independent legal directories, praised by peers and trusted by clients.
We have extensive experience in all fields of employment law through the representation of both local and foreign clients.
Because we realise both the importance and the sensitivity of labour force management, our employment law team is committed to providing pro-active, effective and up-to-date assistance to our clients on all labour related matters.