We help businesses achieve their commercial goals with specialist advice that combines our extensive regulatory knowledge with in-depth understanding of the market. Our antitrust practice covers all industries with particular focus on financial services, pharmaceutical products, cosmetics, FMCG, gas and electricity, chemical products, food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, tobacco production and distribution and the printing industry.
Avoiding exposure – compliance & risk-management
We help businesses avoid the heavy sanctioning that comes with infringing antitrust rules. Our team gives practical and operational advice in all antitrust matters including agreements with competitors, distribution arrangements, licensing, and price & discount design for dominant companies, merger control, unfair competition and EU state aid matters. With our experience we support competition compliance of our clients via conducting audits, providing trainings, drafting internal compliance rules, as well as with active contract consultancy (drafting and revision of e.g. license, distribution, research and development agreements and alike).
Find out in this video how to avoid breaking competition law in 4 easy steps.
Defense & disputes with authorities and in courts
We successfully defend businesses before competition authorities and in courts. Our team has extensive experience in fending off accusations of wrong-doing by antitrust enforcers. We are known as leading specialists in competition law litigation before the courts including follow-on damages claims (claimants as well as defendants) where Hungary has become a preferred jurisdiction.
Our competition team is also actively consulted in unfair competition matters, where we also represent clients in slavish imitation claims in front of courts.
Merger control – we get the deal through
We handle simple and complex merger control filings with the Hungarian Competition Authority as well as with the European Commission. Our global network of law firms considers us a trusted local partner in cross-border transactions where filing in Hungary is required.
State aid and EU law
State aid plays a substantial role in the Hungarian market. We assist in all state aid matters including monitoring compliance terms to ensure that businesses do not face charges of repayment (‘claw back’) of received aid.
- Judit Budai +36309824935 E-mail me
- Katalin Grósz +36309521297 E-mail me
- Gusztáv Bacher +3614723000 E-mail me
- János Vajda +36709322539 E-mail me
- Bence Molnár Sz. +36303721976 E-mail me
- Gábor Faludi Jr. +36203522656 E-mail me
- Sam MacMahon Baldwin +36301437236 E-mail me
- Miklós Boronkay +36302932010 E-mail me
- Krisztina Sztoján +3614723000 E-mail me
- Emil Szabó +3614723000 E-mail me
- Dániel Bihary +3614723000 E-mail me
- Máté Kiss +3614723000 E-mail me
- Dóra Czibere +3614723000 E-mail me
- Viktória Cseh +3614723000 E-mail me
- Liberalisation of Hungarian online sports betting market 28-06-2022
- Recommendations on the European Commission's Guidance on Permissible Cooperation between Competitors 02-05-2022
- Competition Law Insight 02-01-2019
- Compliant Pricing 08-11-2018
- Compliance 28-02-2018
- Competition Law Compliance Program 23-01-2018